Monday, December 3, 2012

R.I.M is Falling Fast


R.I.M is Falling Fast

copyright: google/image/fotopedia.com
                                 
            It’s astonishing how quick the tides can change. It seems like only yesterday that everyone had to have a Blackberry. It was impossible to walk anywhere without seeing someone typing away on there R.I.M (Research in Motion) powered phone. They revolutionized the phone industry and for short period of time they were on top of the tech world.
           
            How times have changed. Smartphones such as Apples Iphone and Samsung’s Galaxy have taken over the phone market. The future seems desolate for the Blackberry and its producers R.I.M. Apple has taken over the industry and there aren’t many options left for R.I.M to save themselves from going out of business. Ed Gelblum, an analyst for Morgan Stanley, predicts that they would have to make layoffs of up to 90% of its workforce to stay afloat.
           
            It seems that their last hope will be the introduction of their new phone the Blackberry 10. Even with this the future still looks bleak. Most industry analysts predict that another form of the Blackberry won’t do much better then their recent attempts. R.I.M’s shares are falling fast and they currently sit at only $8.23/share. This is dismal compared to Apples stock that sits at $586.19/share.

                                          copyright: google/image/blog.zona13.com
           
            No matter how hard they try it appears that R.I.M and its Blackberry are becoming a distant memory. If the launch of the Blackberry 10 is not a smashing success we may be seeing the last of them. 

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy to think how quickly things have changed. I remember having a blackberry along with most of my friends and now everyone has an iPhone. I guess it's a good lesson to companies on top, don't every stop innovating.

    ReplyDelete